关于动物的英语俚语
1.pig out 大吃一顿、大吃特吃
I stopped pigging out on chips and crisps.
我不再暴食薯条和薯片了。
2.Pigs might fly./When pigs fly.不可能,无稽之谈
和中纹的“太阳打西边出来了”差不多,指不可能发生的事情。
She will come to your birthday party when pigs fly.
她不可能来参加你的生日派对。
3.pig-headed 固执
She, in her pig-headed way, insists that she is right and that everyone else is wrong.
她固执地坚持认为自己是对的,别人都是错的。
4.dog person 爱狗人士
Are you a dog person or cat person?
你是一个爱狗或者爱猫的人吗?
5.top dog 大佬
Reynolds has never concealed his ambition to be the top dog.
雷诺兹从没掩饰过他要成为老大的雄心。
6.lucky dog 幸运儿
You are a lucky dog.
你真是个幸运儿。
7.work like a dog 工作非常努力
累成狗用英语表达:“dog-tired”,筋疲力尽。
8.fat cat指那些拥有大量的财富和权力的人
I guess my only chance of being a fat cat is to win ten million dollars in the lottery.
我想我要成为有钱人的唯一机会就是中一张一千万美元的**。
9.old cat指的是“脾气不好的老太太”。英语文化中,很多时候都用猫来代表女性。old cat 就指脾气奇怪的老女人。
Be on your guard against Miss thompson. she's an old cat.
你要当心汤普森**,她是个脾气很坏的老太婆。
10.a cat nap打个盹儿
I was up late last night so I had a cat nap at my desk today.
我昨天睡很晚,所以今天我趴在桌子上小睡了一会儿。
11.love rat 爱情骗子,指那些经常在恋人背后出轨的人
She is a love rat. She cheated on her boyfriend again and again.
她是一个渣女,一次又一次地背叛自己的男朋友。
12.black sheep 败家子,害群之马
There are still some black sheep in our society.
在我们的社会上还是有这么一些害群之马的。
13.horse sense 常识
He's not very highly educated, but he has got a lot of horse sense.
他虽然没有受过很高的教育,但他的实际知识是丰富的。
14.donkey work指那些单调乏味的工作,或者是苦力活儿。
In my office the boss makes all the decisions and I do all the donkey work.
公司里做决定是老板,而我总是做那些单调乏味的工作。
鹏仔微信 15129739599 鹏仔QQ344225443 鹏仔前端 pjxi.com 共享博客 sharedbk.com
图片声明:本站部分配图来自网络。本站只作为美观性配图使用,无任何非法侵犯第三方意图,一切解释权归图片著作权方,本站不承担任何责任。如有恶意碰瓷者,必当奉陪到底严惩不贷!